PRINTCast: The PRINT Podcast Studio is a curated assortment of cutting-edge podcasts we love about design, creativity, branding, books, and additional topics afield. Right here’s the most recent episode of Evolve CPG, a podcast about revolutionary leaders who’re evolving the Shopper Packaged Items business by constructing higher merchandise and higher manufacturers to think about a greater world.
Aware consumerism has grown exponentially in recent times, with consumers anticipating extra transparency and fewer waste from the manufacturers they select to assist. Whereas shifting in the direction of extra sustainable enterprise practices clearly has a optimistic impression on the atmosphere, there are additionally a number of advantages to your model, which you’ll be taught extra about in at the moment’s episode!
To assist us discover this matter, we’re joined by Alicia Lahey, Co-Founder and CEO of Humble Snacks, Canada’s first natural potato chip packaged in 100% plastic-free, compostable baggage. We talk about Alicia’s expertise in huge meals, why she and her husband made the shift to a extra sustainable way of life, and why she didn’t wish to launch her personal model until it got here in higher packaging, plus a lot extra.
To seek out out how one can proceed to innovate within the pure and natural snack class and be certain that your packaging mirrors the philosophy of your model, you gained’t wish to miss at the moment’s episode of EvolveCPG!
Key Factors From This Episode:
- A number of the challenges that include adopting sustainable packaging options.
- Why Alicia and her husband had been so dedicated to creating eco-friendly baggage.
- Classes realized from SunChips’ infamously noisy packaging.
- A take a look at Humble’s partnership with A Plastic Planet to develop their plastic-free bag.
- The significance of investing in plastic-free or plastic-neutral initiatives.
- Limitations of compostable packaging and the way Humble seeks to resolve them.
- How proving sustainable packaging profitable will transfer the needle for bigger manufacturers.
- Alicia’s tackle the way forward for higher snacking (and the place there’s room for innovation).
- Different product classes that Humble will broaden into sooner or later.
- The inspiration behind their ‘humble’ model identify.
- Why communication is essential when working along with your partner in your loved ones enterprise!
- Hurdles Alicia and her husband needed to overcome to get their product on cabinets.
- Beneficial fundraising ideas for different purpose-over-profit founders.
- Figuring out (and filling) a niche out there for natural, gentle, crispy, skin-on potato chips.
- Perception into Alicia’s analysis and improvement course of for Humble Snacks.
- How Alicia discovered her manner into the CPG business, beginning with driving a truck!